<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Having been away from my blog for a while I have rather low expectations of anyone reading this first post, but it is time to start this up again. My son put a link to this blog on his with the notation of it having been a year since I had posted anything. So, twitch boy - I have the urge to write again.

There is a need to revisit some very fundamental truths from God's Word. 1 Timothy 3:15 contains an instruction from Paul concerning the nature of the Church. He states his purpose in writing to Timothy as stating how he (Timothy), and by extension all of us who are leaders in a church, "ought to conduct himself in the household of God which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth." Today I hear people define the church church in many differing ways, but Paul's strikes at the heart of God's expectations for us.

Pillar and support of the truth suggests a singular defining purpose that I want to explore.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?