<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What was next? I don't believe I ever gave much thougth to the agnostic view. Mainly, because from my perspective it was essentially the same as practical atheism. There is not a great distance between believing there is no god and believing you cannot know god. If you cannot know him, then he might as well not be there.

The poly-theistic world view was more appealing, but created problems of a different sort. There are no truly supreme beings in these systems. There are greater and lesser figures all of which stop short of being actually transcendent. They are a part of the creation not separate from it.

I can not escape the idea that a creator must be separate from the creation. Another way of saying that is the God is inifinite, beyond space and time. There can only be one inifinite being. As I admitted, I found myself biased towards believing there is a God. Poly-theism posits many gods all of which have boundaries. That is they are not infinite. If finite they are a part of, even one with the universe.

It is apparent that makes sense to some, but not to me. Actually, that makes sense to many in the world. I just could not go along with the crowd. So, I rejected poly-theism.

You guessed it, the Fair One did not proof this one either.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?