<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 30, 2006

I need to clarify something to avoid misunderstanding. I have been walking through the process that brought me to accepting Christianity as truth. Specifically, that God took the initiative to reconcile mankind to Himself through the death of Jesus Christ in payment for our sins. Anyone following the sidebar discussions going in the comments string can see I am not big on the Naturalistic world view and I have stated I am not trying to talk anyone out of that view. That is not to say I don't care about what people believe because I do.

Dustin, I have not read your last comment posted, but Jeanette (the Fair One) gave me a general idea of what is there. I am deeply concerned about your position on the existence of God. Your views on evolution are another matter. We don't know each other, but I enjoy your interaction with me on this blog. Friendship would best describe my feelings. Odd, I don't believe we have ever met though we know some of the same people and I really believe I think of you as a friend. Forgive me that liberty.

I was just short of my 20th birthday when I embraced Christianity. I was in the Navy at the time. I will go into more detail on that in my next post. What happen after that is what is on my mind tonight. I had never really looked at the Gospel of Jesus Christ until that day. It really ruined a well planned weekend liberty, because I spent the time studying what I had been told about Christ. Anyway, I decided Christianity was true and was determined to learn as much as I could as quickly as I could about it. As soon as I was released from active duty I enrolled in a Bible College with a major in Biblical Studies. I supplemented my studies there with courses in the state university.

Dustin, I will admit I was not the favorite of my philosophy professor nor all of my theology professors either. We may share this one thing in common, I tend to challenge conventions.
The aim was to learn. This world is a big puzzle planted in the middle of a mystery we call the universe. I want to continue to explore both the creation and the God who created it. I would like to continue to do that with your help.

Dustin, if I have offended you in any way or given you reason to believe I do not care about you then I have committed a great wrong and ask for your forgiveness.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?