<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Growing up in the US and attending public schools, my culture and education were built around an assumption of naturalism being true. As I got older I grew sketical. I saw a tendency to brush past the origin question. That seemed to me to be the priority question to answer. Dr. Sagan may have asserted the universe is all there is, all that has been and all that will be, but he knew this was not true even as he said it. That is why he later made an effort to explain how everything got started.

Here are some observations that anyone can make. The universe is moving towards disorder; it is not self sustaining. The universe had a beginning; it is not eternal. There are physical laws that govern the operation of 4 dimensional space, but these laws did not exist before there was space. These observations suggest the universe owes it's existence to something other than itself.

Can something or someone exist outside of 4 dimensional space? That was the question to answer for me. The idea of an eternal God started to sound at least logical. The other options boil down to some variety or other of an infinite regression . So, I found a theistic world view was acceptable, but as yet unproven.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?