<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 13, 2006

A while back I responded to a comment on a colleague's blog that became one of those back and forth exchanges that failed to go anywhere. Nothing new there, but one statement made by the other person came back to me several weeks later. The expressed concern was that I had failed to recognize the other persons identity and accomplishments.
As I said, this came back to me a couple of weeks ago in a conversation with another who was making the assertion that each of us must relate to God as we understand Him/Her. How odd is it that people find it proper to define God any way they please when they would take great offense at anyone who dared to do the same to them.
There can be only one infinite being we would know as God. One can debate the existence of God if they like, but once the reality of His presence is realized there can be no rationale for the creature to make over the Creator to fit ones own comfortable idea of God.
I am not surprised that people who lack an objective anchor for their faith do such a thing, however I find even Christians who claim the Bible as their source do the same. Even myself.
God is, therefore I am. How terrible is that to contemplate.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?