<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Two of the longest epistles in the New Testament were written to a group of believers who believed they had moved beyond the mainstream church. They in their wisdom had achieved such a high point in their spiritual formation that conventions of the established church no longer applied. Indeed they had entered a spiritual kingdom age having become rich and reigning kings ahead of even the Apostles. The church at Corinth was a pace setter in their day.

We know we don't do church the way most people think we should or we would have only one in town. I don't even think my church does it the way I would like it done all the time. We sometimes sing songs I don't like. The music can be a bit loud at times. The parking is often a hassle. While most of the people are great, some of the ones who lead are; well where did we get these guys.

Oh yeah, and Ephesians 4:1-16 is still true. Philippians 2 still calls out the message of Christ likeness in us. Church is not about me. It is about God and US. We are united in the Holy Spirit. Love is not a feeling it is an act. I can not withhold what God has gifted me to provide nor can I be all that He wants me to be without the same from you.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?